Friday, September 10, 2010

Tired of Eating Fish

I don't want to live there
In the deep forest town
In the dark jungle that hides me
Where the dire woods leave me.

But instead I'd rather live here
In a meadow
With a tree and a flower
And a kingdom full of priests
And a whole love of bright sun
Luminescence to drown out the sound
Of thousands of humming birds.

And I think I'd like to have a city
Named after my favorite food
With a capital building so clear
That I can see what everyone is
Thinking and knowing and wishing to have.

And I think it would snow in the winter
And be sunny in the summer
Where the fall and the spring
Collide into a shiny tangle
That assumes we know too much
When we haven't know enough
But still want to know more
Even though we never can.

That's where I want to live
With anything I can call my own.

1 comment: