Friday, July 8, 2011

Shabbat XIII

(I completely forgot that I wrote this, and even looking at it, I don't really remember writing it. But here it is, and so I might as well add it to the collection.)

Let's abandon this darkness,
Desperate for more than nothingness,
For more than this world
Has to offer.

Let's abandon this bad news
We understand so formally,
To rest in work that is completing
This circle of one.

Let's abandon this waste of time,
With this silent nation I can only accomplish
On my own, and run to
The celebration wedding.

Let's abandon this shadow
That builds our guile and veil,
To face the bursting dawn that burns
Our bodies clean.

Let's hope in the morning
That all will be made well.

4 comments:

  1. I especially like the stanza that starts "Let's abandon this shadow..." Very, very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These should all be put into a book, that would be neat. I really need to read them in order sometime again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I remember this one... And I still like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al'eh, I agree. Putting them in a book would be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete