Friday, January 20, 2012

Life Was Just Happening

In a darker day,
In the pain and the sickness,
From underneath something scarred and torn
I can still see a light shining.

On nights when cold dreams
Blow through this sleepy town
And windowpanes shutter their last resistance,
I can still hear hope singing love's song.

And she has a voice so beautiful
That everyone stops to listen,
At least for a little while,
To the promise she mentions.

And I can't sleep
(How could I have slept?)
Until I meet her in the moonlight
And she smiles at me one more time.

Hope, where have you gone?
Hope, I can see you burning underneath.
This one is for you,
That maybe one day you’ll come home

And we will all have our hearts burst with light
And laughter that finds our new song for us.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! It would make a nice song :D May Yahweh continue to bless you!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared,

    The title speaks of something...an event in the past..at least in theory/imagination.

    Something or someone is not the way it should be; or not well. There seems to be a struggle as to whether he/she it will ever get better. But yet the light of hope can be seen.

    But in order to see her; one must make effort to gain her presence and receive her gift. Efforts have been made before; but without success. Suddenly there she is....with a song to tell.

    But to my surprise she is real!

    Thanks for sharing this Poem....intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your blog looking at my stats and thinking. That perhaps you are reading my blog. Did I add you? I cant remember. But I feel compelled to tell you that YHWH has a plan and sometimes we cannot see this plan for wickedness clouds our vision but if we b righteous ...YHWH knows our hearts and he allows thingd to happen whether good or bad for the strengthening of our spirit if in our confusion and oppression we go to him and listen to what he is trying to speak to us.

    What is he speaking to you Jared? Are you listening?

    I hope all is well with you and yours.

    Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shalom

    I'd like to invite you to read two posts on my blog; they can be found here:

    http://tresasureinearthenvessels.blogspot.com/2012/02/mysery-of-ages.html

    and at:

    http://tresasureinearthenvessels.blogspot.com/2012/02/counterfeit-counsel-of-peace.html

    I'm trusting that you'd be blessed as a result of reading them.

    Shalom in Jesus (Yahshua)

    ReplyDelete