Tuesday, May 24, 2016

When Moon Blocks out Sun

The grass moves like a mystery
In the shadow within shadow,
Where we ran to the field
To watch beauty roam.

And the way wind blows
I would never have guessed
That fire and glass
Would grip my heart with such violence,
As the hour turns dark
And then light again in time.

The fear we share
Is never enough and never will be,
For though we cry out
And inflame our doubts,
I will care for you forever,
Even when the sun goes out.

__________________________
With the release of every chapter of Below the Land, I will be posting a companion poem.  This is the poem related to the Prologue.

2 comments:

  1. I am immediately transported to childhood, anticipation, and the wonders of adventure within the first stanza. Thank you for this wonderful read. I look forward to reading much more. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete