Thursday, November 25, 2010

Lumen's Shadow

Excited,
We rushed through the meadow
To the poetry house.
Rising up from the center a light
Shined into the sky.
Or perhaps, we hoped,
The light shone down.

Arriving,
Up the porch we ran.
Through the door and into the rooms,
We frantically searched the rustic setting.
The source of the light
Was not apparent,
But we found a hole in the floor.

Descending,
We went into the basement,
Up from which we had seen the light
Through the hole.
And in the basement we found
A man holding a flashlight
Pointed at the sky,

Grinning,
Like a fool.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice!

    Only what does pink pills have to do with the post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is nice....hmm pink pills o.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you should never trust fools or flashlights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to be honest Jared, your poetry makes me think...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummm... well that was odd, good but odd. :-) pink pills hmm.. I could guess but I'm too tired to haha. Good work though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I think that was exactly what I said after I read this poem the first time, scott. Haha, too funny..Love the poem ^_^ I guess for some reason I thought you had already posted this one on here...but I guess you might have posted it in the chat.

    ReplyDelete