Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mr. Cheshire's Voice

There was a cat
Reclining on a bed,
Listening to human words
That were somehow unfamiliar.

And so to keep up with the times,
The cat voiced its opinion.
And though few noticed,
There was one polar bear

That came running around the corner,
Waving its claws in response.
The cat sprang up,
Back arched,

And went running down the hall.
It ran into a table,
Knocking over a vase of laurels,
Ending a less persecuted age.

And therefore it was,
With nowhere left to hide,
That the cat ended up in a corner—
The polar bear's roaring laughter drawing near.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Funny! The labels are funny too =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, jenna! I always love reading the labels...well..I mean...*coughs* yes the poem is fnatastic...I just somehow enjoy....ok, I'm stopping

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I can say is....
    ) hehe.
    if you get that your good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *chuckles* love how you can reread your writings over and over and it never gets old ^_^

    ReplyDelete