Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Apology of Sunshine

A getaway into green grass,
A lime dance into fresher seas,
A light unto the simplest warmth.
The weeds wane away when the appreciation
Appears in the perfect planting
Of two pairs of feet under the brightest lantern.

Flooding waves of social ineptitude,
Forgive us, it's only social unnessecity,
With feet planted on the green grass
Of a savory day in the darkest of nighttime winters.
Oh winter, the brightest season of the year,
If only we could know patience like this.

The flooding sea comes where we stand,
Dear sister. For such an adoptive force,
The luminous waves make for substantial reasons
To stay here solidly, approachably,
Elemental, defending this simply deep structure,
Turning now to the examination of a heavier metal.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I commented...ya know..I think my problem is I am normally talking to you when I read these and forget to actually comment..Yup..thats it!
    Great poem..even tho I already told you =D

    ReplyDelete