Saturday, April 9, 2011

Not Forgotten, a World, Now a Place of Beautiful Dreams

I may never understand what inspired me to write
That winter has come and winter has gone,
That she is here and she is there,
Or why I felt the desire to respond that way.

But I know that despite all of it,
Despite any wrong turn that I could have made
And any that I did make, I have been blessed
In this moment, on this day, and in the future.

And today it strikes me, as I walk alone,
That I am no longer running around,
Searching for a hope I can't find on my own.
Instead, I patiently wait as plum blossoms bloom.

And I hear,
"Brilliant array of lights caught the evening dusk.
Glowing on us as one who smiles.
You say you’re not perfect.
Curled up in a corner like a cat."

And I should laugh and laugh and rejoice,
Because it is calm, like an undisturbed lake,
A fresh field of snow in the morning
Or a bright blue sky that goes upwards forever.

5 comments:

  1. *Just Smiles* Can I steal this poem??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard you guys were gonna get some snow... how are you liking that?! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha Looooove the snowman! =D ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. An alien snowman from the atmosphere... really! I don't get the blue mouth though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh....o.o...yes Zach I agree... =|

    ReplyDelete