Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tomorrow We Party, Tomorrow We're Boring

Lie down upon the warmth of the day,
Where green and blue cloth covers your eyes
As you think on all your failures and all your sighs,
And breathe, wait and listen to her say,

"What are you doing, because I'm curious
About where you are and what you're doing,
And if soon you desire to be going
To that place, then wait for me, I'm serious!"

And then the afternoon comes around
When those failures grab and begin to haunt
Every sharp dream and every doubt you fought,
Though you know there is truth, because you found

That viruses are tricky things and need to be guarded,
But in the meanwhile, "I'm so happy for you!"
She says as she makes you proud for what you do.
"Tomorrow we'll have a party, and once it's started—"

But wait, you think, didn't it start the day you decided
That life is most well worth living
When you can rest and be boring?
Though now you know you have someone to confide in.

And the day goes slowly by, as you wait,
Wasting your time and your brain
On things that might not help you be sane,
Until finally you open that sweet gate

And hear her say, "So what's new,
Besides all those wonderful things?"
And truly, it's as if she sings,
Because that's how you know you are you.

(All great equations have proofs.)

3 comments:

  1. You Win!! =D That was great....I vote for YOU! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What are you doing, because I'm curious
    About where you are and what you're doing,..." lol... :P I found that line kinda funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a connection to this piece, but it could just be in my mind. However, I know that, whatever the case, I liked it and didn't feel it a waste of my time.

    ReplyDelete