Friday, August 12, 2011

Broken Cisterns: The Book, and other, etc.

Well, the writing and revision process for my first book of short stories is complete. Now it's just a matter of formatting the book, publishing it, and letting whoever wants to buy it...do so. It's plenty exciting to be this close in the project to finishing.

Just for fun, here's a link to the Facebook page for the Broken Cisterns.

And beyond that, please let all of your friends and family know about the book, and if you're up to it, beg them to buy their own copy instead of letting them borrow yours. Even though I don't really believe in that kind of thing, because books ought to be an open source of knowledge and ideas, etc.... I'd still really appreciate it because, you know, it helps me out. You know, me...the poor college kid who is almost done with college kid and then will be a poor college graduate who will almost definitely need all the help he can get. *Tries most convincing smile*. :)


And hey, just for the fun of it, as I just realized I unintentionally referenced it:



Also--and because this is the formerly secret purpose for this post--now that Broken Cisterns is nearing completion, I have now begun "research" on my next book. This time it will be a novel. Exciting stuff. Look for behind the scenes footage of the "research" process, coming very, very, very soon. (Perhaps even by the time you get around to viewing this post.)

May Yahweh bless you all!
Jared Leys



....P.S. I just thought up this quote: "You see the dark circles under my eyes? They are caused by staying up half the night reading quotes by famous men, both Atheists and Christians alike. And instead of finding a list of answers, I only discovered a list of questions." What do you think? A little long, maybe... but a true story.

P.P.S. Not very suprisingly, C.S. Lewis was the winner of the quote debate. Well...actually, no...because, see....

P.P.P.S. Nevermind, I'll explain later....

No comments:

Post a Comment