Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Decision and Risk

I remain behind the safety
And comfort of what I have here,
Soft pillows and renewed strength
And the dissipation of my fear.

To stumble out into the green and gray
World of the unknown and unexplored,
It takes at least the confident urging
Of friends with assurance as they implored.

But it’s not from their reasoning
That I find myself convinced to take the risk,
But rather because of the call to explore
The possible paths to understanding this.

Health for myself and more importantly
The safety of those who surround me,
These must be the reasons that call
Me to travel back out among the trees.

I don’t know if it could possibly be the truth
Or the only path available for me,
But I will continue to carry on for the good
Whenever or not they mention prophecy.

And to explore must be the great call
That pulls me up from sleep to sunshine,
For the risk will be worth it if I can find
A way to help me and these friends of mine.
_____________________
With the release of every chapter of Below the Land, I will be posting a companion poem. This is the poem related to Chapter 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment