Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Sheer Fury

How do you express it?
That sheer fury at the terror of life,
When everything is just looking up,
And then you remember the ones
Who were left behind in the red
Dying sun of the northern sky.
The anger that comes in the warm night,
In the coldness of a scarred heart,
For the never ending distress of
A frightened mind in the dark waves.
Cheer above that frustration, I say,
But I can’t anymore as I lay
In bed and cry myself to sleep for those
That I left behind in the orange
Of the blazing moon of the starry field.
I scream out at you for justice
Because you’re the only one who listens
To everything I speak
And every pain my heart cries.
_____________________
With the release of every chapter of Below the Land, I will be posting a companion poem. This is the poem related to Chapter 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment