Thursday, August 25, 2016

Action and Consequences

The great burden is not the fevers
Or the tremors late at night
Or even the length of the journey
To find a solution to our troubles.

It’s not overwhelming nature of the power
Or the misunderstanding of these abilities
By all those around us who are afraid
That this could be the end of their lives.

But rather it’s the consequences of my actions
And the unknown results of what I do
When I change things for better or for worse,
All good intentions mattering little in the aside.

So what do I have to do to understand my actions?
I will learn everything I can, and I will take hold of this strength.
_____________________
With the release of every chapter of Below the Land, I will be posting a companion poem. This is the poem related to Chapter 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment